Mental Health Services
The Mental Health Department at Sandcastle provides a full range of psychological services. These include assessment, intervention recommendations, and individual and family therapy. The primary focus is on children and childhood disorders. However, parents and caregivers are an integral part of as circumstances, and therefore are included in the programming.
The psychology staff are skilled in the treatment of a variety of childhood behavioral and emotional disorders including Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Mental Retardation, Anxiety Disorders, Affective Disorders (including Depression and Bipolar Disorders), and Learning Disorders. The psychologists, at times, will participate in developing Individualized Education Programs (IEP), consult with classroom teachers to gain additional information, and may participate in the student’s treatment team.
Our mental health services include:
- Psychological Evaluations
- Functional Behavioral Analysis
- Family-centered individual therapy
- Individually integrated services within the classes of our Education Center
- Consultative services to staff and families
- Community based evaluations/therapy (Head Start, other programs)