Clinical AudiologistJoin Our Team
Learn more about joining our team as an audiologist.
LA Hearing Center is a private, non-profit practice in Lewiston, ME currently seeking an Audiologist who is driven, self-motivated, and passionate about helping patients hear well again. LA Hearing Center is the audiology service line within Sandcastle Clinical & Educational Services, founded in 1996 and well known throughout the region. Our integrated and wholly collaborative environment allows our clinicians, including; SLPs, OTs, Psychologists, Audiologists, to work alongside educators and professional staff. This is a very unique and truly remarkable experience for employees, families, and patients. The ideal candidate must be strong clinically and effectively counsel while building patient rapport. Our mission is to provide individuals of all ages skilled and caring hearing healthcare in support of living full, engaging, healthy lives. We have state of the art equipment in a beautiful facility and continue to grow community outreach to senior centers, schools, local businesses, and healthcare events. Our location is 40 minutes from Portland and 30 minutes from Augusta, surrounded by Maine’s beautiful mountains, and a short drive from the iconic Maine coast. This is a great opportunity to enhance your skills and grow with a reputable agency. The hours are 8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday.
Daily tasks and responsibilities
- Providing quality patient care from the first impression, setting realistic expectations, educating the patients as well as their family.
- Treating patients of all ages – 50% Pediatrics/50% Adults.
- Audiograms, providing appropriate recommendations for hearing aids, follow-up care, counseling.
- Maintain documentation and patient files in a timely and accurate manner.
- Additional testing as needed, case by case basis.
- Hearing aid demonstrations and sales.
- Masters’ Degree or Au.D. will be considered.
- Active ME Audiology Licensure
- Must have C’s or eligible to obtain as there will be externship supervision.
The successful Audiologist will also possess the following:
- Strong interpersonal (both verbal and written), detail-oriented and organizational skills
- The ability to work in a team alongside related disciplines/family-oriented environment as well as working independently.
- The ability to interact professionally with patients, physicians, and team members.
- Strong computer skills.
- We encourage a collaborative setting, sharing ideas and knowledge.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented.
We offer an attractive compensation package, which includes a good base salary, healthcare insurance (premium is paid in part by the practice), PTO time, 12 paid holidays. Staff have the opportunity to access group rates for dental insurance, life insurance, and short-term disability. Our 501c3 agency qualifies for public student loan forgiveness, annual stipend offered for licensure/CEU’s. Relocation stipend offered as needed.